Pasilla Chili Pods :
- They belong to the chili species “Capsicum Annuum”. Mostly we may get confused with Poblano’s to Pasilla where Poblano’s dried variety is called ancho chiles.
- Pasilla is the dried form of Chilaca pepper
- Pasilla the name literally means “Little Raisin”
- They are long, narrow, wrinkled skin, and dark in color
- Size : generally their length ranges between 6 – 8 inches and 2 inches in width
- They can be used in all types of dishes like in stew’s, salsa, can be roasted and added to dishes. The spiciness of this chili ranges between mild to medium-hot, it gives a nice depth, texture and flavor to the recipes
- It has vitamins like A, B6 and C